By Signing this application for membership, I agree to abide by the following by-laws, rules and procedures of the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne, Inc. Upon acceptance by the Home Builders Association and by payment of my annual dues to the Association, I am automatically a member of the Indiana Builders Association and the National Association of Homes Builders.
- I Agree to abide by the construction and By-laws and all amendments thereof of the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne.
- I Agree to faithfully perform all written building contracts I enter into and will comply with any valid arbitration agreement decision made by the Better Business Bureau of Fort Wayne.
- I Agree to indemnify the Association for any loss or claims incurred by the Association in connection with the settlement of any decision made by the Better Business Bureau.
- I Agree to use the trade insignias and promotional materials as provided by the forgoing Associations.
- I Agree that I am a licensed builder (if applying as a builder member), that I am registered with the Better Business Bureau, and that I have no unanswered complaints with the Better Business Bureau.
- I Agree to be a IQA Standards Builder or IQA Standards Remodeler and adhere to all requirements of the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards Program of the Indiana Builders Association with every signed building and remodeling contract.
- I Agree to immediately discontinue the use of all Association trade insignias and materials, if for any reason, I am deemed not to be a member in good standing of the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne.
- I Understand the above agreement applies to all companies, corporations, and joint ventures in which I own a majority of interest.
Member Code of Ethics
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge support of our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedom.
- We assume the responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders, the Indiana Builders Association and the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne.