I can’t believe we are already in the last quarter of 2018! This year has been a challenging but productive time for my company as I trust it has been for you. The economy is still going strong which interprets into plenty of new home construction prospects for all. Very encouraging!
A few important notes and dates for our members:
- September is Associate Member Appreciation Month. Be sure the say thank you to all the associate members you do business with. Maybe even treat them to something special!
- Do not forget to put the Fall Build PAC Golf Outing on your calendar for September 13th at Cedar Creek Golf Course. We always have a tremendous turnout and have a great time networking with each other. Please be a part of it!
- Builders: Do not forget to register your company with the HBA regarding the Commission Policy Statement. If you need a copy of this, please contact Beth at the HBA office.
- We had a great discussion at the August Builder Breakfast meeting. Please refer back to Beth’s email regarding the survey about the number of journeymen to apprentices on our job sites. This information is being collected and evaluated so we can gauge how much of an issue this is for all and how it is affecting our businesses. Your response is much appreciated!
- DO NOT FORGET: Our annual Fall Town & Country New Home Tour is scheduled for the last weekend of September and first weekend of October. I LOVE these tours as a builder because of the interaction I have with the buying public. I have never worked a tour without at least one sold job. Is it worth it? I say YES! Make sure you check out the reformatted website for the HBA and the listings for the homes that will be on the tour.—Be sure to list your home if you’re a builder in the show!
- Last but not least, October 3rd is the date for the State Membership Drive. The Indiana Builders Association Statewide Membership Drive will be a fast-paced event that includes recruitment training from the national association (September 12) and a one-day collaborative effort to get into the community and grow the organization member-by-member. This year, the drive will be held on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. For more information, please check with Beth.
Don’t forget: SMILE, STAY POSITVE & GET INVOLVED!