Since taking on the role as your Executive Director in June, the HBA of Fort Wayne has seen a lot of change. To be honest, I didn’t really know what I was getting myself in to but feel I have settled in quite nicely. With the association being solely on my shoulders for a few months I learned a lot about the association, our systems, and our members.
In the last six months we’ve had several accomplishments:
- Increased student chapter membership;
- Increased overall membership thanks to a very successful October membership drive;
- Donated $10,000 to Fort Wayne Community Schools Career Academy;
- Helped fund Phase II of the Regional Housing Study; and
- Gotten involved in BYF to help get more of our youth involved in the trades.
None of these things would be possible without the support of our members. So, thank you for your continued support of this organization.
There is still a tremendous amount of work to be done to continue to improve our organization and make it better for our members. I encourage you all to be involved throughout the year in our committees, events, and advertising efforts. I’m always here to talk if you have any questions.
Cheers to a prosperous New Year!